Saturday, July 25, 2009
OCA (Palace of the Arts) | São Paulo, Brasil | Oscar Niemeyer
Building for events and cultural expositions in the shape of indian house.
Oscar Niemeyer although associated primarily with his major masterpiece,Brasilia, the capital city of Brasil, he had acieved early recognition from one of his mentors, Le Corbusier,going on to collaborate with him on one of the most important symbolic structures in the world, the United Nation Headquarters(Citation from the PRITZKER PRIZE JURY).
OCA was completed in 1954.
Paulo Mendes da Rocha da Fundação and a team of consultants in 1998 were responsible to undertake the restoration works on the building to commemorate 500 years of Brasil Discovery.
Architecture :Paulo Mendes da Rocha, Angelo Bucci, Fernando de Mello Franco, Marta Moreira and Milton Braga
Collaborators :Martin Hernan Franco Pecci, Keila Costa and Maria Isabel Imbronito
Structural:Puleo Bentes e Engenharia de Estruturas S / C Ltda
Eléctrical and hydraulic Installation:MBM Serviços de Engenharia S / C Ltda